Summer Strawberry Salad
Savor the rest of the summer with this delightful strawberry salad. Simple, fresh ingredients create the perfect balance of sweet, sour, and nutty flavors. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. A perfect way to beat the summer heat without any cooking.
What’s even better- this recipe is vegan and grain-free!
At first bite, the sweetness of strawberry combined with the earthy notes of fresh crisp lettuce makes a melody in the mouth reminiscent of summer. Homemade pickled red onions and sliced almonds provide the perfect crunch. Altogether, this strawberry salad is incredibly nutritious and contains prebiotics to support gut health. One cup of strawberries alone provides 94% of your daily intake of Vitamin C!
I’ve also provided a quick and easy vinaigrette dressing that can be whipped up in minutes. Making your own dressings ensure your body is getting better quality oils and allows you the knowledge of every ingredient that goes in. Plus, it’s a great way to impress your friends and family!
*Please note that this article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission for items purchased through these links.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 4-6 cups of baby spinach, arugula, or spring mixed greens (washed and dried)
- 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of pickled red onions (get the recipe here)
Simple Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (white pepper blends great in dressings)
- First, prepare pickled red onions and set aside.
- With a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for salad dressing. Whisk well.
- Place salad greens atop, and toss until all greens are adequately dressed.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and strawberries, and as many pickled red onions as you’d like
Drizzle with strawberry balsamic vinegar for a final touch!
The Carrot Campaign is dedicated to providing simple recipes without all the fluff. We thank you for your continuous support.